[Reply by September 24] Aggregating PSL project updates, August 21 to September 24

• Reporting period: August 21 to September 24, 2021
  • Reply by: September 24, 2021 (Friday)
  • Aggregated draft to be posted here by: September 27, 2021 (Monday)

Projects:

This is a thread to aggregate project updates for the September NumFOCUS and PSL newsletters. Please reply with developments pertinent to the projects you have worked on during the reporting period. Please include URLs where applicable.

Items to consider:

1. New releases or features
  2. General updates
    • Recent achievements you’re most proud of
    • What are you working on? What’s coming up? Where do you need help?
    • Upcoming events
    • Job openings

Feel free to contact me with questions. Thanks!

Thanks Weifeng!

Updates from me:

• Cost-of-Capital-Calculator version 1.2.8 released
  • We have Demo Days scheduled out through Nov 1!
1 Like

My update: I’ll be releasing Tax-Brain 2.6.0 on September 24th

1 Like

Below are the aggregated updates for NumFOCUS newsletter. The aggregated updates for PSL newsletter are in this pull request.

Please reply with corrections or edits by Tuesday, 9/28/2021.

======

The Policy Simulation Library (PSL) is a collection of open-source models and software for public-policy decisionmaking.

New releases or features:

• Cost-of-Capital-Calculator released 1.2.8, which makes the package compatible with Tax-Calculator 3.2.1 and extends the range of computable years through 2031.
  • Tax-Brain released 2.6.0, which enhances compatibility with Compute Studio and updates parallelization techniques.

General announcements:

• PCI-China is used in a new Mercatus Center study on the noneconomic considerations for a U.S.-Taiwan free trade agreement.
  • Over the next month, PSL’s “Demo Day” series will cover open source intelligence (Weifeng Zhong), using Tax-Calculator with the American Community Survey (James Hiebert), and the OG-Core modeling platform (Jason DeBacker).